Canada is considered one of the best destinations for many foreign nationals who are seeking employment opportunities due to high standard of living, workplace safety, competitive wages and opportunities for professional growth and development. Is a program that allows individual to come to Canada to work temporarily. Although the aim of the program is to fill labour shortages there is still a possible pathway to become a permanent resident through the Canadian Experience Class or Provincial Nominee program.

To qualify for the program, applicant must:
  • Have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer through Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • Have a job experience related to the job offer.
  • Not be inadmissible (criminal and medical reasons) to Canada.

Types of work permits:

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

  • LMIA Work Permits
  • A LMIA is an approval from Employment and Social Development Canada to the employer to hire a foreign works. An approved LMIA indicates that there is no Canadian or permanent resident to fill a position.
  • Global Talent Stream
    The Global Talent Stream (GTS) can enjoy the expedited work permit processing if employee’s position is in NOC 0 and A and they must apply from outside of Canada.

LMIA Exempt that requires a job offer or employment contract

International Mobility Program

LMIA Exempt Work Permits

Is a program for Canadian employer to hire foreign workers without the need or LMIA based on economic and competitive advantages and that have a co-related benefits by the local worker.

NAFTA Work Permits

NAFTA is an agreement negotiated between Canada, the United States and Mexico by allowing US and Mexican Citizens to work in Canada temporarily in the field of professional, intra-company transfers, investors, traders and business visitors

CETA Work Permits

The Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a trade agreement between Canada and the European Union. Part of the agreement is allowing the EU citizens to work in Canada as long as they met the provisions by CETA.

Intra-Company Transfers

Is a program for highly skilled individual to work in Canada temporarily if they are currently employed

Open Work Permits (No job offer or LMIA required)

  • Post-Graduation Work Permits
    These work permits authorize international students to remain and work in Canada after they complete their studies.
  • Spousal Sponsorship (Inland Application)
    After the initial sponsorship has been approved the spouse/common law is eligible to apply for an open work permit. Applicant should ensure that they meet the full eligibility criteria of the program
  • International Experience Canada
    Is a program that enable young people from participating countries to travel and work in Canada temporarily.
  • Bridging Open Work Permit
    Is a program that allows foreign workers to extend their work permit while they await for their permanent residency application to be finalized.
  • Accompanying spouse/common law of international Student
    Is a program that allows accompanying spouse of the international student to work unrestricted.
Scroll to top